(last updated 04 Oct 2020)
Here ill shares some simple tips and tricks that I’ve learned as a Junior PHP Web Developer. And the list will be updated.
First of all – everyone learns in their own way. Find yours. By watching videos, reading, or doing tutorials. Check my list with favorite learning sources and links for PHP Web Developers.
Important – Don’t forget to use your favorite OS and Software/Stack. I chose for web development environment Linux Kubuntu/LAMP and most shares will be related to them. Some are easy to reimplement in Windows or Mac.
1. Learn and Use the Console/Terminal for daily work
- Refine how to display the Apache error log with a simple command – link
- Or How to use the Apache error log for debug – link
- Check your free disk space from a console in human mode
- Check your free disk space from a console in Treesize style
sudo du -chd 1 | sort -hr
- Add your daily long-boring commands to your console with editing the bashrc file – Read my article here
- Use Git with GitHub or GitLab
- create a new folder with non-existing parent directories path with a simple “-p” parameter. dir1, dir2, and dir3 will be created automatically
mkdir -p /dir1/dir2/dir3/newDir
2. Few simple tricks when working with MySQL
- how to trim the px from a string if you need to calculate HTML widths or heights
parseInt('200px'); // results 200