Here ill shares some simple tricks that I’ve learned as a junior PHP Web Developer. And the list will be updated.
First of all – everyone learns in their own way. Find yours. By watching videos, by reading or doing tutorials. Check my list with favourite learning sources and links for PHP Web Developers.
Important – Don’t forget to use your favourite OS and Software/Stack. I chose for web development environment Linux Kubuntu/LAMP and most shares will be related to them. Some are easy to reimplement in Windows or Mac
1. Learn and Use the Console/Terminal for daily work
- Refine how to display the Apache error log with a simple command – link
- Check your free disk space from a console in human mode
- Check your free disk space from a console in Treesize style
sudo du -chd 1 | sort -hr
- Use Git with GitHub or GitLab
- create a new folder with non-existing parent directories path with a simple “-p” parameter. dir1, dir2 and dir3 will be created automatically
mkdir -p /dir1/dir2/dir3/newDir
2. Few simple tricks when working with MySQL
- how to trim the px from a string if you need to calculate HTML widths or heights
parseInt('200px'); // results 200